- This portal is operated by Stockholm University (name of the responsible person) on behalf of the we.learn.it Consortium to inform the public, students, teachers, stakeholders and others about its European School network activities (“Service”). The Consortium is led by Aalto University, Finland. Information provided here is subject to change without notice.
- If you do not agree to these terms you may not use the we.learn.it portal. If you are aged younger than 18, you may only use the we.learn.it portal with the express consent of a parent or a guardian and acceptance of your school representative. The Consortium reserves the right to delete any account if it is not satisfied that such consent has been given.
- Access to the we.learn.it social activities take place through the learning expeditions and school groups. Each group is managed by group administrator(s), who accepts the members of the group. Use is subject to any Internet use policy or equivalent in use in school and communicated to and accepted by parents/guardians. For guidance on Internet safety, see e.g. http://getnetwise.org/. You also acknowledge that the Internet may in general be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
- Some of the functionalities and content on the we.learn.it portal can only be accessed by registering and creating an account and creating or joining learning expedition and school groups. Accounts are free of charge. Registration on the we.learn.it portal is non-transferrable.
- Our purpose is to share knowledge as widely as possible. The we.learn.it portal will, however, not by default make public or share any of your data, content or information without your explicit consent. It is up to the user to decide the level of access to the data provided each time. It can be shared by anyone visiting the portal (level 1); by all registered users (level 2); or by the own learning expedition team (level 3) only. A learning expedition in school can be designed so that it is also possible to participate without becoming a registered user of the portal. The full participation in and fully benefiting of the we.learn.it activities – e.g. European collaborative projects, prize competitions etc. – will require some degree of sharing (at least level 3).
- Data saved on our servers is secure and adheres to European Data Privacy and Security laws and regulations. The personal data you submit will not be shared by us with other organisations other than the we.learn.it Consortium without your specific consent, unless we are required to do so by law. Account holders agree to notify the we.learn.it Consortium of any unauthorized use of their username, password, account information or any breach of security they have become aware of. You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- Information collected by us about your visit to, and use of the portal by you may be used by us for research and evaluation purposes. Where this is the case, the data will be collected by us for the measurement, analysis and reporting purposes to help us and our stakeholders better understand the usefulness of the service as well as to seek to optimise it. Analytics data will normally be in an aggregate form. When you access our website, your web browser automatically transfers technical data to our web server. This data includes the date and time of access, the URL of the relevant website, the file accessed, the amount of data transferred, the type and version of your browser, your operating system and your IP address. This information is stored by us separately from any other data you send us while using our service. We do not have the possibility to relate this data to any particular person. Data related to statistics and research purposes will be kept by us for the entire duration of the we.learn.it project in an aggregated, anonymous format.
- From time to time you may be asked by us to complete a survey through the portal. These surveys will also be conducted by us for research purposes in order to help the Consortium evaluate the effectiveness and impact of the portal. If you agree to participate in such surveys, you will be asked by us to review and accept certain additional terms and conditions relating to use of the information you provide, which may include personally identifiable information. These will be in addition to the terms and policies set out here.
- Data related to the profile of the user is kept by us for 12 months after the user’s most recent login. After 12 months from the last login, the user profile will automatically be set to inactive by us, i.e., no longer visible to other users or the outside world. A notification is then sent by us informing the user that his/her profile has been set to inactive and that he/she can re-activate the account by logging in again. A second and final reminder is sent by us after 6 months informing the user of that. 18 months after the last login, the profile will be deactivated by us permanently. All personal information is then made anonymous by ???……, except as provided for in these terms.
- If users with a deactivated profile want to continue using the platform, they will need to register again. The data remains solely for research and monitoring purposes at the disposal of the we.learn.it Consortium in an aggregated format.
- You also represent that all information you provide or provided to We.learn.it Consortium upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy. In some cases we may retain copies of your information if required by law.
- If you wish to cancel your account, you may delete your account. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Your data will no longer be accessible through your account, but those materials and data may persist and appear within the Service (e.g., if your Content has been reshared by others).
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with We.learn.it Consortium.
- Although it is We.learn.it Consortium’s intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted. Also, We.learn.it Consortium reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by We.learn.it Consortium, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, We.learn.it Consortium encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, We.learn.it is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup or storage. We.learn.it Consortium will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE WE.LEARN.IT CONSORTIUM BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE WE.LEARN.IT CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; (D) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE WE.LEARN.IT CONSORTIUM OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY’S USE OF THE SERVICE; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (G) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE’S OPERATION; OR (H) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER’S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE WE.LEARN.IT CONSORTIUM BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY.